I am based in Palo Alto and currently working as an independent consultant focusing on a few things:
- Currently, technology startups: I’m currently a consultant to two (2) early-stage technology startups, primarily focus on mobile product (iOS) product marketing, and product distribution.
- Currently, investment firms: I’m also a consultant to four (4) venture capital firms assisting with deal evaluation, due diligence, marketing, and special operations.
- TechCrunch: I’ve been an official contributor since January 2011, where I write a weekly column called “Iterations” every Sunday at 10am PST and have hosted TV show called “In The Studio” which recently ended after 70 consecutive episodes.
- Previous lives: I’ve worked at two companies in operations in the Valley, Rexly (acquired by Live Nation) and Votizen (acquired by Causes). Before moving to the Valley in 2010, I helped start a life sciences company in Boston, worked for Harvard in a variety of capacities (including in India) while attending graduate school, worked in the finance field on the nonprofit side in Oakland (2002-2006), worked for the Manhattan DA, and spent one year as a professional cook and another as a professional bartender.
- Twitter: @semil
- LinkedIn: [click here]
- Quora: [click here]
- Email: (first.last AT gmail.com)